10 life hacks to travel to the Azores
The Azores are an archipelago in the Atlantic Ocean, which is literally buried in flowers and greenery …
The mountains offer views of clear lakes, hot springs, geysers, black volcanic beaches, flooded craters of volcanoes and crystal clear waves of the ocean.
Archipelago in the Atlantic Ocean, which is literally buried in flowers and greenery
And most importantly – there are few tourists in the Azores, no one will interfere with a relaxing rest alone with nature.
Interested in? Here are 10 life hacks to make organizing your trip easier.
1. There are no direct flights to Azores. The easiest way to plan a flight with a connection in Lisbon, Porto or Frankfurt. Of all these cities, Ryanair flies – if you are lucky, you can buy tickets cheaply.
2. It is best to go to Azores in spring or autumn – flocks of whales pass through the islands. And the chances of seeing the largest mammal on the planet are huge!
3. In calm water without waves, whales behave calmly. Yes, and to see them in such conditions is easier. Examine the weather forecast in advance and plan your way out into the ocean on a sunny day.
4. Going to the whales alone is an idea so-so. Where better to agree with a seasoned local who is familiar with the habits of animals and possesses the necessary equipment.
5. Even if you are sure that you are not afraid of seasickness, before taking the ocean, take a pill for motion sickness.
6. And do not forget about sunscreen. It is easy to sunbathe on a sunny day.
7. Fans of gastrotourism Azores will not be left indifferent either. What is the Cosidu dash Furnas dish worth! Imagine three types of meat, two types of sausages, potatoes, cabbage and carrots lay in layers in a huge pot, and then … they dig them into the ground among the smoking fumaroles of the town of Furnas. Here you have lunch and a cooking show.
8. On the Azores there is the only tea plantation in Europe, on which you can freely walk. Do not miss the opportunity! And is it worth saying that tea is the main souvenir that tourists bring home?
9. Want to immerse yourself in the local lifestyle? Stop living on a farm. Yes, the real one, with cows, goats and fresh milk in the morning. Authentic atmosphere will help to penetrate Azores as much as possible.
10. Weather on Azores is an unpredictable thing. Grab a rain cover and always carry with you in your backpack.